Monday, December 10, 2007


I feel like I am slowly getting back to that place in my life where I am content being single. I was sidetracked for a second with the deluded notion that I should actually get into a relationship, but luckily I have been cleared of all such ideas and I am back to being the lonely, cynical recluse I once was. But I am very happy this way. I’ve come to realize that I thoroughly enjoy being alone. I actually enjoy loneliness. I thrive off of the painful shortcomings of my day-to-day life. If things actually started going extremely well, I fear that I might lose this misanthropic spirit that I have come to treasure. My plan for the next year looks something like this:



  • Work non-stop
  • Go to School/study non-stop
  • Have no social life whatsoever
  • Get a dog

I like being lonely. I don’t think I want to meet someone to ruin that for me. I just want to be in the big city where I am too busy to notice how truly lonely I am. I want to ride the subway, walk the busy streets, come home to a small, cramped and silent apartment and revel in my solitude. ah, I can't wait to fill my lungs with smog.

No comments: