Friday, December 21, 2007

My baby left me in the cold hard rain. Those were the lyrics to a song I heard once. I never quite understood them until I felt the cold rains myself. I always thought them beautiful and tragic; but actually feeling the icy chill of the cold in my bones, I truly understood the way it affected a persons body. The sting of your fingertips and the sudden loss of feeling between your toes. The way my lips and hair would capture the cold and let it linger throughout my body. The loneliness that it brought, this was worst of all. Something about the freezing rain made you realize how truly alone you were. If you loved someone, it made you long for them. No one had left me; but I felt abandoned. A million miles away from everything I wanted. The cold had invaded my body and was in my blood now. It made me understand why things die and cannot grow in the winter. When I stepped inside away from the cold hard rain the feeling returned to my body and I lost the despair that I had felt, but I never forgot the fear that it might not return.

No comments: